Sunday, October 5, 2008

Date night

Okay so Mj & I got to have a fun experience together a few weeks ago. We never dress up fancy, infact I haven't seen Mj wear a tuxedo since the day we were married more then 8 1/2 years ago. But, Mj got offered a job to come take pictures of a client who was going to display this big work of art he was chosen to create for the Davis Conference Center. The event was big and you had to dress fancy. We were given about 3days notice so we quickly scrambled for clothing and this is the final masterpiece. Pay more attention to the handsome man on your right! He looked so good if I might add, I just kept staring at him all night. Okay well to top off the fun event of dressing up fancy and eating way fancy food, we were privileged to hear one of my favorites Collin Raye live with this smaller group of very important people. There were maybe 700 of us total. The only bad thing is that the dress I borrowed was long for me and therefore I needed to wear heels to make it work.
If you don't know me, I don't wear heels!! I am a flats women through and through ( even though my hubby is 6'3"!! It was a long night and great when we were sitting down. We did have a fun time, and I would love to do this again!



It was so fun to be this close to Collin Raye! I have always loved his music but had never been to a concert. It was a little different since we were all in formal wear and just sitting listening to his music instead of really jamming out like at a typical concert. There were a few in the crowd who jumped on on some songs. It was lots of fun!




He came back for an additional few songs at the end and that's when Mj went up right in front of him and took most of these shots.


We thought about staying to talk to him since this was a small group, but we didn't have the time...okay honestly my feet were hurting so bad from wearing the heels that I wore and it hurt really bad to walk at all. I was very sore for the next few days. I know I can hear the sympathy pains.

4 comments:

Misty Moncur said...

Sounds fun! It totally sympathize on the heals. I decided I was getting really dowdy and frumpty (and that's saying something for me, ahem, scrubs and a t-shirt) so I bought some killer heals. They are really sexy and really, really uncomfortable.

Great pictures of Collin, too. In this life I was loved by you, thank you for the gift, if you get there before I do, come on! That is classic!

April said...

How fun! I think you BOTH look great all dressed up! I love Collin Raye too!

Wonderland Girl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCARY!

The Merk-ster said...

That looks like fun! I'm hearin' ya on the heels. No thanks, man. I found a pair the other day in the closet and they went right into the we-don't-wear-these-anymore pile. :)