This is the rooster "Chicken Little" the one with the poofy head, that was soon to be dead.
We bought these chickens to put into the coop which was already in our backyard. We got them last May, it was fun to raise them from baby chicks. They grew and grew and we realized we had one rooster that we didn't really want. Well, he was fine but kept getting meaner and meaner everday! He started pecking at me multiple times but then came after Lyndsey two times. I finally told Mj either you go and take care of the rooster or you can feed the chickens every morning. He chose the first option.
Well... here is the play by play of the killing our rooster "Chicken Little". It was a long process for such a tiny chicken....I really am not a gross person but thought it was cool and thought you might get a kick out of it too!
Mj trying to catch the rooster, which he made look easier then it really ended up being.
Mj did the killing and this is the plucking part of the job... not so fun and kinda long and boring. McKynna saved a few of the long feathers and Lyndsey wasn't sure what to think.
Plucking job is done..do you see how scrawny that rooster really was.. he thought he was so mean when he came flying at me, but we taught him a lesson on being nice. He was a little tough to eat, but that is common in roosters I guess. 

These are three of the hens wondering what is happening with all those feathers... good thing they are so dumb and didn't reall
y understand what just happened.
Lyndsey was having fun feeding them with lettuce left over from feeding the bunny "Oreo" on the right. She is my animal child and visits them any time we go outside to go anywhere.


2 comments:
That's too funny. I'm glad he's not there to peck you anymore. I've thought it would be fun to get chickens. Do you like it? Andis it worth it. Not that we can right now but someday. Cute pics of the girls too.
Hey Morgan family! What a good lookin' family you are. Misty found your blog and I thought I'd pitch in a comment. So here you go, chicken killin' could it be that fun?!
Post a Comment